Team Bagani's Ultimate Frisbeecation: An Epic Time Up On The Mountains!

11:15 PM All About U 0 Comments






A Speak Up Tour clinic. Two days of fantastic ultimate. Two nights of party. And honestly, I don't feel exhausted. I can't explain why I felt really good after all the work last weekend of December  10 and 11.(Well except when we drove to Edsa, Monday night). Must be the cool weather? The people? The atmosphere? Whatever it was... Frisbeecation was indeed, a "Frisbeecation". Kudos to team Bagani! The real warriors of the tournament where a trek up in the mountains with bags of popcorn in their backpacks founded the name that suits a tournament in the beautiful little town of Malaybalay, Bukidnon. With its beautiful playing fields, well organized event,  warm people on a cool and cozy weather. Dahilayan park, Nasuli Springs and Del Monte Farm to name a few spots to go on a sidetrip, Malaybalay is truly an Ultimate Vacation spot! From Cagayan De Oro city, the two (maybe three?) hour drive to Malaybalay together with E.R.I.C. Coaches, Evan Boucher, Karen Cabrera, Xtian Guerrero and Dada Libo-on was all worth it, as we were greeted by team Bagani's with smile on their faces and high fives with a couple bottles of beer and T5 to top off the "simple dinner" that they prepared. And did I mention the cool weather up there? Perfect!









While I was having my french inspired breakfast at Eiffel Kubo (Really awesome place to stay by the way. P600/night with complimentary breakfast? Winner!), I was expecting a controlled Day 1. Like many other tournaments that I covered from the past, Day one's was always the getting warmed up, taking it easy Day of the tournament. But the moment I put on my gear and started photographing, the games are totally intense right from the start. This single gender tournament was definitely lit! 








There are only two possibilities that Bukidnon parties can do for you. One, is you will have a heck of a night and you wake up the next morning with a smile on your face. Or two, you will have an epic evening and you wake up asking yourself how did you get home and remembered nothing. For some reason, I nailed both possibilities during this Malaybalay trip. And you know whats the best part? I wasn't alone. I asked a few players if they remembered anything during the Saturday night gathering. And eight out of ten people told me that they don't have any idea what had happened at Three o'clock in the morning. Yes, there are a few photos taken, but the person who took the picture doesn't even remembered when, how or where he or she took them. It was fun and chaotic in a good way. Just the way an ultimate party is suppose to be. There are a lot of people who were asking if what really happened at the Badminton Court.... Like I said on my Facebook page. What happens at the Badminton Court, Stays at the Badminton Court. You have to witness it yourselves next year.





There are a lot of fantastic championship games that I've covered. But the Frisbeecation Open Finals between ATTDE (A Team That Doesnt Exist) and Boracay Bandits was definitely at the top of the list when you talk about the best finals game AAU has covered. And maybe one of the ten best games that I have ever witnessed in person. Right from the get go, it was a non stop intense action game with tons of highlights every point. You can't blink. Once you turn your head around you will definitely miss something great. I mean, look at this: You have Evan Boucher, Xtian, Dada, Tajji, Isoy, Chubby, Edgar, PauPau, Bolantoy, Botchok, Alod, Junthir, just to name a few. The field was full of stars that once they're all in collision, the whole universe will explode.  But the one thing that spoiled the afternoon was that the finals game started a little late than I expected that I lost the precious daylight in the early stage of the game. Plus it rained so heavy that it made the Malaybalay Capitol Grounds dramatically dark and foggy.... and yes, it was seriously cold. Nevertheless, I was so glad to have witnessed one of the best Championship games Philippine Ultimate had ever seen.  It was definitely Ultimate Frisbeecation's icing on the cake. The finals game that will mold this tournament to be one of the best single gender tournaments in the Philippines in the coming years. 













Congratulations to ATTDE and Boracay Bandits-Women's for winning the First ever Ultimate Frisbeecation Championships. Congratulations to Team Bagani for finally organizing a tournament in Malaybalay that will give every single one of us a reason to go back to your beautiful place every year. I fell in love with Malaybalay the first time that I was there. But this years trip in the summer capital of the Philippines is without a doubt the highlight of my 2016 Ultimate year.

Touchessss.....

Until Then. More Images to share. More Stories to tell... It's All About U!



For more photos:







0 comments: