What Does It Take To Represent Your Country: U24 Philippine National Ultimate Team.

5:32 PM All About U 0 Comments




What does it take to represent your country in an international arena like Worlds U-24 Ultimate Championships in Perth, Australia? Here are their answers.


Ladies and Gentlemen, The U-24 Philippine National Team Players!
"To be part of the national team is a dream come true for me. And now that I’m here, it’s time to work. We will be playing at a higher level of competition thus we must work harder than ever in order for us to bring our game to the next level. With this privilege given to us, a great deal of discipline, determination, and commitment is needed since nothing will come easy. We must always keep in mind to work together as a team and that we are doing this not for ourselves but for our country. We are all honored to be given the opportunity to represent the country and show the world what the youth of Philippine ultimate has to offer."

- Dann Avena. The Philippines. U-24 Men's Team



Photo shared by Chelsey Aquino. Photographed by: Diego Zuluaga of Philippine Ultiverse 

"Being able to represent the Philippines in the upcoming World U24 Championships is truly an honor. Besides the physical preparation, the mental preparation is just as important.
I really want to make the most out of this opportunity to grow in the sport that I love and hopefully, make my country proud."

- Chelsey Aquino. The Philippines. U-24 Women's Team




Photo shared by Christian De Vera


"It takes determination to compete in international arena"

- Christian De Vera. The Philippines. U-24 Men's Team






"Representing the country is more than just wearing the flag on our jerseys; it takes a lot of heart, mind, and determination for us to be able to achieve what we want to achieve. We have to work together, lift each other up, and make sure that we have the same mindset all throughout the tournament."

- Gabbey Rodil. The Philippines. U-24 Women's Team






"It takes a lot of hard work and determination to represent the country. Having that mindset of never settling for less and to keep working for the team and for the country in mind. Never settle. Never give up and keep learning in the process. I think that’s what it takes."

- Ian Joseph Quimio. The Philippines. U-24 Men's Team





"Puso, sakripisyo, at pagkakaisa."

- Jam Macaraeg. The Philippines. U-24 Women's Team




Photo shared by Javi Escasa. Photographed by Juna Dela Cruz of Philippine Ultiverse.

"It takes a high tolerance for blisters, sunburn, cramps, sprints ni coach Jamel, muscle pain, and hours of training. It's tiring as heck but totally worth the effort."

- Javi Escasa. The Philippines. U-24 Men's Team





"Aside from the physical aspect, I think it takes a lot of mental preparedness, too. I've been massively fortunate to have played for the Philippines in the past 3 years. This is my second (and last!) Worlds U-24 tournament, and from my learnings from the previous one, the headspace you're in is just as important as being physically ready for the games ahead. Don't psych yourself out too much as you can never truly be prepared for anything, but we have done our best to. Relax, be calm, trust in yourself and your teammates. Also when you're there na, have fun!"

- Jess De Leon. The Philippines. U-24 Women's Team





"Out of all the good players in the Philippines, I am proud to say that my passion and dedication for Ultimate helped realize my dream to represent our country. This fuels me to go the extra mile. Being part of the Philippine Team, participating at Worlds, shows the fruit of my trainings and experiences gained from the tournaments that I have participated here and outside the Philippines. It is not just about playing for the flag but I also want to share with the world what ultimate is about."

- Jessica Resch. The Philippines. U-24 Women's Team





"To represent the country in the international arena, it takes hard work and determination. Going up against competitors that I know will be harder to beat, the amount of sheer focus and heart I need to put in will definitely be more than ever."

- Kurt Dee. The Philippines. U-24 Men's Team





"Being able to be chosen as one of those players who will represent our country in the coming January 7-13, 2018. It reminds me of my humble beginnings of how it all started. From the day that I started learning how to play ultimate, I did not only liked the sport, but fell in love with it. That's why I never stopped traveling back and forth to Dumaguete no matter how difficult it was for me, just so I can play and train and learn the sport first hand from one of the best teams and players we have in the country living in Dumaguete. So for me, it takes passion and love. You need to give all the best of your God given abilities in this sport of ultimate, because this opportunity only comes once in a lifetime."

-Qhenjune Villanueva. The Philippines. U-24 Men's Team





"It takes a lot of heart and courage to represent our country on an international level because you're never really going to feel prepared for what's to come, even after months of training. It's an amazing opportunity though, and we just have to face it with the proper mindset and ready to learn!"

- Stella Escasa. The Philippines. U-24 Women's Team







"Representing the country in such a big event will never be easy. With everything that I have in my mind, I guess it will always take to have that BIG faith in God. Hard work is nothing if it ain't for the Lord. I have prayed for this nearly a hundred times and I must say, "Lord, para ni nimo tanan."

- Wilbor Ogic. Team Philippines. U-24 Men's Team




To represent our country is an honor and a great experience. This is not just about sharing our talents but its about showing what a true Filipino/ Filipina can be in and outside the field. Being part of this team is such a blessing and a big opportunity to learn more and meet new friends and family. Each team will be representing their own country as well and a big tournament like this needs a big effort with a big heart. It takes a lot of hard work and courage but with our love for this sport, the support of all the people who believes in us, and the guidance from the guy up there, keep us going.

- Zashi Pelegrino. The Philippines. U-24 Women's Team




It takes a great deal of responsibility. Representing the country in realm surrounded with people from across the world means great opportunity, along with great responsibility. Given the privilege, too much is expected. Therefore, its the responsibility for discipline, commitment for the performance, and the opportunity to grow learn and raise the Philippine pride.

-Gerard Castor. The Philippines. U-24 Men's Team






The biggest event in my Ultimate Life so far, My first time participating in Worlds Ultimate Frisbee, the very first time that I get to represent our country. An honor and privilege that I once wish to come true. Behind these things, I had to overcome trials. Recovery from my hyperextended knee was one thing, the short amount of time I need to get all the requirements done, and to train on my own. I strive hard to be better in training and studying for the tournament. But above, I trust that I can do all these things through Christ who strenghtens me. The love from my family, friends, home team and my special girl drives me to train harder, be better, not just for me and my team but also for our community. I am now ready for any battle together with the team.

- Rainerius Sanggalang. The Philippines. U-24 Men's Team





"I asked myself several times, "Can I make it?" I am so doubtful. Because I know, our community has a lot of great talent., There are more players better than me. Then I started to BELIEVE and have the COURAGE to join the tryouts (twice) and luckily, I was accepted!! A dream that became a reality. It takes COMMITMENT & SACRIFICE, being away from my parents, to give more time in training and prepare myself physically, emotionally psychologically because nothing great was ever accomplished without making sacrifices. And KNOWING MY PURPOSE, this is to Honor Him, in everything that I do and being thankful for this Talent, the love from the frisbee community, friends, & family most especially my parents. This Opportunity is also to let the world see how Pinoys play this game, how dedicated we are in this field of sport and to make new friends & learn different culture. To sum it up, It takes a lot of, "Laban lang, Puso at Tiwala lang, Para sa Bayan"

- AJ Baliong. The Philippines. U24 Women's Team






These are the young Men and Women who will make us all proud this coming week in Perth, Australia.
Best of luck Team Pilipinas!




It's time to get to work!


































0 comments: